openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for Google Summer of Code 2011
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:16:51 GMT
Hi Umashanthi,

>Further I went through the Javadocs of OpenJPA annotations you mentioned
and
>the JPA's XML-ORM XML scheme. I understood that the requirement is to
create
>an XML schema for the custom annotations of OpenJPA, similar to the one
>provided for default annotations of JPA, mentioned in section 12.3 of the
>spec. Did I get it right?

You got it right.  One part of the effort is to create a schema similar to
the orm schema defined in 12.3 of the 2.0 spec. I have a few ideas as to the
different approaches that one could take, but I'll let you think on it and
come up with ideas.  I don't want to hinder your creativity.  :-) But, I'll
be happy to provide suggestions if you'd like.

>Currently I'm continuing with the spec and samples. I would like to read
>more details about the custom annotations of OpenJPA. It'll be great if you
>can provide any related resources, if available.

Unfortunately, I've found that resources for the extensions are lacking
JavaDoc, documentation, and in some cases, example usage/testing.  You may
find some annotations within OpenJPA documentation[1].  I've found that the
best resource is our jUnits.  Search for the annotation and then track the
persistent class where it is used back to the test case(s).  As you go
through this exercise, updates to the annotation JavaDoc would be hugely
valuable as well.

-Jeremy

[1] http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.pdf