openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Snaps <alex.sn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EntityManagerFactory clearing caches on close()?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:26:30 GMT
I'm indeed "using" the ehcache plugin. I'm actually working on
maintaining that code base.
But I don't really understand what you mean with "we don't distribute
the QueryCache". Isn't it up to the Cache to make decisions about
distribution or not ? I just wonder why the QueryCache is explicitly
being cleared on close(). I probably should dig more into this, but
AbstractDataCache has the same close(boolean?) implementations. So
that on close a cache seems to be cleared by default. Just trying to
understand. As I guess we could indeed override
Abstract(Query|Data)Cache.close() to call close(false) rather than
true by default.
Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex