openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [VOTE] move openjpa-maven-plugin from codehaus to the OpenJPA project
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:09:16 GMT
Hi folks!

As discussed before doing the last release, I'd like to move the openjpa-maven-plugin from
Codehaus over to the tools section of the OpenJPA main project.

The reason for this is that we just cannot support a few use cases and features which got
added in newer OpenJPA tools versions without branching the plugin for various OpenJPA versions
and release them separately [1].

I think this would be way too much work over here but would be really easy by just adding
the plugin to the openjpa tools in their svn. For each new OpenJPA release, we would automatically
also get a well tested (because the trunk uses the SNAPSHOT version) new openjpa-maven-plugin
this way.

[+1] move openjpa-maven-plugin over to OpenJPA
[0] don't care
[-0.5] add it to openjpa, but still maintain an old version at Codehaus
[-1] don't move it, maintain it only at Codehaus

here is my +1.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: I will of course still be around and help with various other plugins ;)

[1] list of open/non-fixable issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-31
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-3
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOPENJPA-10