openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Generic
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 16:09:32 GMT
Hi guy,
Probably the #1 reason for the lack of generics in the runtime is the fact
that we supported Java 4 for a long time.  You'll notice more and more
generic usage with the new features introduced to support JPA 2.0.  Going
back and updating the existing APIs and runtime with generics has not been a
priority...

Offering to help with this exercise is great.  I would suggest opening a
JIRA (http://openjpa.apache.org/found-a-bug.html) and then contributing
patches.  Personally, I would suggest contributing the patches in
batches...  That is, instead of attempting to do everything in one swoop, I
would do it in smaller chunks.  Probably easier to contain and easier to
review for whoever attempts to apply and integrate the patches.

Good luck,
Kevin