openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject AttachStrategy Question
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:54:12 GMT
Hi folks!

I have a question regarding OpenJPA-2.0.1 AttachStrategy DETACH_LOADED.

I have an entity with a Date field. This field gets filled with the current date and stored
to the database. Afterwards it gets loaded from the database and detached. In the next request
the date will be reset to null. And here comes the problem (around AttachStrategy#178):

            case JavaTypes.OBJECT:
            case JavaTypes.OID:
            case JavaTypes.ENUM:
                val = fetchObjectField(i);
--->            if (val == null && !nullLoaded) <-- problem
                    return false;
                sm.settingObjectField(into, i, sm.fetchObjectField(i), val,
                    set);
                break;

This leads to not getting the date field reset to null in the database while merging the entity.

Imo this should only be skipped if the field didn't got loaded previously from the database.
I bet this information is available, but where can I get this information from?

Are some bells ringing, or should I try to craft a unit test?

txs and LieGrue,
strub