openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA-tools subproject
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:03:24 GMT
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Rick Curtis <> wrote:

> I have few questions/comments. First off, the downloads[1] page doesn't
> mention this project... is this by design, or an oversight?

I would say it's an oversight. My vote would be to create a new page,
similar to the Eclipse plugin for
That page would have instructions on how to get and use the tools and act as
the documentation for them (something more flexible than DocBook would be

This might be better to do once we have a 'release' of the tools. I'm not
sure we're at that point yet.

> Second and probably more interesting question. How are we going to track
> issues for this sub project? Currently JIRA is OpenJPA centric... ie
> 'release= 1.2.x, 2.0.x'.... now we're going to have another, tangential
> release stream. Thoughts?

I think we either ignore the release for these issues, or look into creating
a new project in JIRA for them. The only precedent I know of is the OpenEJB
eclipse plugin (again). It's released separately (AFAICT), has it's own
version, and a separate component in the OpenEJB JIRA tracker. The only
issues opened ignore the version field.

These aren't great options and aren't an exhaustive list by any means.