openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <>
Subject Re: Compiling a JConsole plugin
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:01:33 GMT
Hi Rick,

I started on a similar undertaking with JConsole after adding the initial
JMX support.  Perhaps we can merge the two efforts at some point.  I have
the beginnings of a simple call framework over JMX that also allows one to
easily plug calculated attributes (cache hit rate, etc.) into the
instrumentation query, abstracting that logic from the rendering layer.
My plan was to add the plugin under the tools side of the repo.   I ended up
creating a pom that picked up the necessary dependency from the local
JDK/SDK.  Unfortunately, I don't have the pom handy.  It is on a remote
machine that is powered down at the moment.  I'll post it tomorrow.   IIRC,
The dependency looked *something* like this, but was more OS + JDK path

Also, if you happen to be having problems debugging a jConsole plugin from
Eclipse, I blogged about it a while back.