openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow JDBC test suite
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 22:02:07 GMT
This could also be caused by recent OOMs we've been seeing with the Sun
JDK on Linux.  Have you been seeing any junit runs that fail with a
GC/OOM error?  Are you still seeing a slowdown?  I'm trying to resolve
the OOM problems, but it's slow going....

-Donald

On 10/2/10 10:48 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
> I'm not seeing any slowdown with our nightly builds on Linux.
>
> Trunk - Derby w/ IBM 6 SDK
> Oct  1  - 45m:14s
> Sept 24 - 52m:33s
>
> The changes for DBCP started going in on Sept. 28 in r1002321.
>
> If you happened to pickup r1003657, then svn up to the latest to revert
> the temp enhancer script changes.
>

> -Donald
>

> On 10/2/10 7:05 AM, MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed the JDBC tests got much slower recently. When I compare the times with
logs I have from last days of August (unfortunately I don't have any from September), the
slowdown is around 3x. A similar slowdown is visible on Hudson builds too if you compare 2.0
and 2.1 builds.

>> A log message which now is
>>
>> openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary".
>>
>> used to be
>>
>> openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"
(Apache Derby 10.5.3.0 - (8029
>> 17) ,Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.5.3.0 - (802917)).
>>
>> The direct cause is we now pass a null connection to DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(JDBCConfiguration
conf, String dclass, String props, Connection conn). I suspect this is related to the recently
introduced DBCP datasources or JDBC 4 delegates but no luck with findings so far.

>> Does someone hear a ringing bell? Maybe you have test suite logs from September and
can find out when this regression happened?