openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow JDBC test suite
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 02:48:28 GMT
I'm not seeing any slowdown with our nightly builds on Linux.

Trunk - Derby w/ IBM 6 SDK
Oct  1  - 45m:14s
Sept 24 - 52m:33s

The changes for DBCP started going in on Sept. 28 in r1002321.

If you happened to pickup r1003657, then svn up to the latest to revert
the temp enhancer script changes.

-Donald

On 10/2/10 7:05 AM, MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the JDBC tests got much slower recently. When I compare the times with logs
I have from last days of August (unfortunately I don't have any from September), the slowdown
is around 3x. A similar slowdown is visible on Hudson builds too if you compare 2.0 and 2.1
builds.

> A log message which now is
>
> openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary".
>
> used to be
>
> openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary"
(Apache Derby 10.5.3.0 - (8029
> 17) ,Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.5.3.0 - (802917)).
>
> The direct cause is we now pass a null connection to DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(JDBCConfiguration
conf, String dclass, String props, Connection conn). I suspect this is related to the recently
introduced DBCP datasources or JDBC 4 delegates but no luck with findings so far.

> Does someone hear a ringing bell? Maybe you have test suite logs from September and can
find out when this regression happened?