openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Slow JDBC test suite
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:05:03 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed the JDBC tests got much slower recently. When I compare the times with logs I have
from last days of August (unfortunately I don't have any from September), the slowdown is
around 3x. A similar slowdown is visible on Hudson builds too if you compare 2.0 and 2.1 builds.

A log message which now is

openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary".

used to be

openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary" (Apache
Derby 10.5.3.0 - (8029
17) ,Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver 10.5.3.0 - (802917)).

The direct cause is we now pass a null connection to DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(JDBCConfiguration
conf, String dclass, String props, Connection conn). I suspect this is related to the recently
introduced DBCP datasources or JDBC 4 delegates but no luck with findings so far.

Does someone hear a ringing bell? Maybe you have test suite logs from September and can find
out when this regression happened?

Regards,
Milosz