openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling a JConsole plugin
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:51:08 GMT

> As of writing this email I'm leaning toward putting this plugin in
openjpa-kernel,
> but I could be persuaded. Thoughts?

A tool repo is available and that is my preference. My reasons are
a) tools development is expected to have higher velocity than kernel at this
point.
b) a separate repo will enforce better design isolation. The tools, by
design, should act more as a client to the kernel. You generally will not
like clients to be too near to the server -- do you?
c) tools are expected to have dependency  to wider libraries (JConsole,
Swing, IDE libs...) -- having them in kernel will increase core runtime
footprint

-----
Pinaki