openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From idan <ida...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Annotations
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:41:27 GMT

Thanks for your reply.

My custom annotations are very specific to the system i'm working on which
has its own JDBC driver which accepts additional parameters in the CREATE
TABLE statement.

So I guess i'm not going to contribute these annotations to OpenJPA since
they're not usable with other systems.
I am willing to write a documentation page regarding how to add custom
annotations to OpenJPA once i figure out everything and maybe in the future
provide a simple solution for custom annotations if thats accepted.

Regarding the dictionary, i'm using my own custom dictionary.

Once I have the relevant information in the class/field metadata.. how do i
pass it to the dictionary?
Do I need to add this information to the relevant Table/Column classes?
If so, where exactly do they get filled with the meta data information?

Thanks,
Idan