openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenJPA Fluid
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:04:05 GMT
Pinaki, can you provide more details behind Fluid?

What code would be moved over and what are all of the runtime
dependencies?  I see some Apache Tuscany jars as depends in pom.xml, so
how is Tuscany used by Fluid?  Also, looks like the current code in labs
uses old levels of OpenJPA and Tuscany, so will it work with the latest

Also, assume we would rename packages from -
to be in one module to follow maven naming (openjpa-fluid)?  Like -
Or would these be split into 2 modules (openjpa-sdo and openjpa-das)?

On 9/27/10 4:16 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I noticed lot of interest in XML persistence in JavaOne 2010 from
> different quarters (SOA, SCA, JPA, Text Mining, application developers).
>   At the cost of sounding self-congratulatory, I will note that Fluid is a
> neat way to sort out the architectural issues surrounding XML persistence
> in RDBMS. But there is always a cost of ownership in including a module
> that brings in dependency to other stuff (such as commonj.sdo) in terms of
> build, test, packaging, documentaion or release engineering.
>   That is why I am raising the discussion points
>   a) do you consider OpenJPA should include a module to address XML
> persistence?
>   b) do you think Fluid provides a good starting point?
> Regards --
> Pinaki

View raw message