openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons DBCP - upgrade to 1.4?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:16:11 GMT
I assume you're asking about trunk?  The only concern, is
commons-dbcp-1.4 is ONLY supported on JDK6 and later, while the trunk
code can still run on JDK5 (with the exception of a few JPA2 features.)

It looked like we had enough support in another thread to drop JDK5
support in trunk, but everyone needs to understand the JDK6 dependency
and that our openjpa-all JAR will then only work on JDK6+....

-Donald

On 9/12/10 4:26 AM, MiƂosz Tylenda wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We use commons-dbcp 1.2.2 which implements JDBC 3 only. I am hit by this in OPENJPA-1691
- this would be the first JDBC 4 use in OpenJPA - and would try to upgrade commons-dbcp to
1.4 which implements JDBC 4 [1]. Does anyone see obstacles?