openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PCEnhancement
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:05:00 GMT
I also just found this out by talking with the tooling guys...

*When the project is being cleaned, an application delta publish should
occur since the class files has been changed.  During the delta publish, we
[IDE] simply send the list of changed files to the WAS server and we are
relying on the WAS server to decide what to react to.  Typically, the WAS
server will trigger an application restart as part of the application update
if the class file has been changed, we do not explicitly restart the
application for the user.*

*Therefore, as long as the user has automatic publishing turned on, a
publish, and thus an application update via the app management JMX MBean,
should be triggered.  The WAS server should restart the application
automatically for the user.  If the user happens to have automatic publish
turned off, then they need to explicitly do a publish before the changes can
take place.*

So, does your environment have the automatic publish action turned on or
off?

Kevin