openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <>
Subject Period error with loading openbooks inventory
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:53:57 GMT
I'm using the OpenBooks sample for a demo and I periodically hit an
Optimistic Lock Exception while loading the database:

ant -f run.xml load

This doesn't happen every time, but often enough to have me post this
question and see if this is a known issue.

     [java] Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-r422266:988223M nonfatal
store error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.OptimisticLockException: An
optimistic lock violation was detected when flushing object instance
"openbook.domain.Inventory-U0205-90" to the data store.  This indicates that
the object was concurrently modified in another transaction.
     [java] FailedObject: openbook.domain.Inventory-U0205-90

Any ideas?