openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenJPA 1.0.4 release candidate
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:34:14 GMT
Thanks for looking at it, comments below.

tl;dr please ignore the links for 2.0.1 - didn't see them when I posted -
they're just a cut and paste error.

-mike

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 on the release contents, Mike.  Thanks for doing this!
>
> But, a few minor observations on your release [VOTE] note...
>
> o  What's the /board directory for?  It's got some real old status reports.
> Are these still applicable?

There's still a board directory in SVN under 1.0.4. It's out of date from
the one in the openjpa root, so I've removed it.

> o  Do we care how old the building.txt file contents are?  It references
> tools that are no longer even available -- maven 2.0.4, for example (except
> in the archives).

I wouldn't revoke the release over it, but it probably should be updated.

> o  In your note, you had a reference to this url under the Maven Staging
> Repo heading:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopenjpa-147/
> This seems to reference more than the 1.0.4 release.  It has validation
> stuff and other things related to the 2.0.1 release.  Cut and paste error?
>
> o  The "change in this release" section has two different urls.  One is for
> the 1.0.4 release, and the other is for the 2.0.1 release.

These two links didn't (and still don't) show up for me in gmail. Jeremy
brought this up and the links are definitely there (Nabble and MarkMail show
them too), but it's just a cut and paste error on my part.