openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Linskey <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject down-level entities?
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:46:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting warnings most of the time that I run my build complaining about down-level entities.
Are we maybe logging this too eagerly?

Right now, it looks like every time that a new OpenJPA build is created, we record different
enhancement values in the entities. Since I'm using 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT, that means that if I don't
do a clean build every day, I see messages about down-level entities. I think that this level
of logging is useful, but changes to the enhancement contract are very rare indeed. It seems
like we should just increment something deliberately when such a contractual change happens,
rather than using the svn revision information as a proxy for it.

Thoughts?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey