openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Arnav-A <arnav...@gmail.com>
Subject PCEnhancement
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:40:55 GMT

Hi
  I am using RSA 7.5.4 as my IDE, and WebSphere Application Server 7.0 for
my Application development.
  I have a web project and a JPA project having Manager classes, Entity
classes and my Web project has a reference to JPA project.
  I am doing testing in my localhost environment.

  I modify the java code, clean my projects, remove ear file from the Server
instance, add ear file to the server instance, run my jsp on the server to
fetch data from the database and it works fine.
  If I modify the java code, clean my projects, run my jsp on the server to
fetch data from the database i.e. no remove and add of the ear file to
server instance,
  it gives me exception stating that class com.*.Batch has not been
enhanced.
  Now, If I remove & add the ear file to the server and  it works fine.

  I don't want to remove and add ear file everytime I modify my code. I have
seen couple of post regarding enhancing the entity classes i.e. using
build.xml or javaagent.

  I tried to add javaagent to generic JVM arguement i.e.
-javaagent:C:\com.ibm.ws.jpa.jar and run the appilcation again and it gave
me exception stating that javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider class
could not be found.

  I am not sure what should I do for entity class enhancement so that I
don't need to remove and add EAR file for every code modification.

  I don't want to use build.xml since it will also be needed to be run
everytime I modify my project.

Please advise