openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From DWoods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use logback for OpenJPA as its logger
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:05:31 GMT

nasseria1 wrote:

> We've impleneted a custom factory class that uses an adapter class in a
> very similar manner. The problem is when those classes reside in the
> application server classpath, it works perfectly, but when we try to
> reference those classes that are implemented in our application in
> persistence.xml, the glassfish classloader could not find it and throws
> ClassNotFoundException at deployment time. Is there any way to not to use
> application server classpath to load factory and adapter classes?

If you're adding classes that need to be loaded by the OpenJPA runtime (in
this case a LogFactory) in a Java EE app server, then you'd need to place
those classes in a JAR on the server's classpath.  Remember, app servers
provide a hierarchical and/or multi-parent classloader, so applications can
find classes in parent classloaders, but not the other way around.

-Donald