openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use logback for OpenJPA as its logger
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:47:57 GMT

Hi,

At this time there's no support for logback as a first party logging
facility. If logback can be used with commons-logging as a front end that
might work for you out of the box.

You can add support for it by creating a new LogFactory (I'd start by
extending
http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-lib/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/lib/log/Log4JLogFactory.java#r761509
Log4JFactory  ).Add the LogFactory to your classpath and add something like
this to your config (this is off the top of my head ) :
<property name="openjpa.Log"
value=nasseria1.LogbackLogFactory(DefaultLevel=TRACE)"/>

Replace nasseria1.LogbackLogFactory with your fully qualified classname and
it should start using your logger.

Anyway that's a quick overview - might take some more work to get it working
properly.

Hope this helps,
-mike