openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r948926 - OpenBooks images?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 20:16:33 GMT
Hi Donald,

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Preferred way to license the image files (and provide such a large
> sample code donation), would be to open a JIRA and attach them with
> the
> "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works" license option set.

Methinks this is too much extra work. We require JIRA contributions
from non-committers because they're not able to commit themselves. We
require an IP clearance for major contributions just to double check.

But a couple dozen images that a committer says he created himself?
Let the commit record speak for itself.

Craig

> -Donald
>

> On 6/2/10 12:17 PM, Michael Dick wrote:
>> Hi Pinaki,
>>
>> I'm not sure how to grant the license for an image file, but the
>> images in
>> this commit look very familiar to me. I think we need to pull them
>> from SVN
>> until properly licensed replacements are available.
>>
>> -mike
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@us.ibm.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That's in my to-do list.
>>> Few of these images I have generated and I am planning to do the
>>> same for
>>> the rest.
>>> How to donate/grant license to a image file?
>>>
>>> Regards --
>>>
>>> Pinaki Poddar                           http://ppoddar.blogspot.com/
>>> Apache OpenJPA PMC           http://openjpa.apache.org/
>>> JPA Expert Group Member
>>> Application & Integration Middleware
>>>

>>> Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org>
>>> 06/01/2010 09:32 PM
>>> Please respond to
>>> private@openjpa.apache.org

>>> dev@openjpa.apache.org
>>> cc
>>> private@openjpa.apache.org
> [...]
>>>

>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> checkout.gif

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> login.gif
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/login.gif?rev=948926&view=auto
>>>

>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> login.gif

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> orders.gif
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/orders.gif?rev=948926&view=auto
>>>

>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> orders.gif

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/
>>> search.gif
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/search.gif?rev=948926&view=auto
>>>

>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =

>>> openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com