openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r952461 - in /openjpa/sandboxes/OpenJPA-1551-1.0.x
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 14:41:14 GMT

We had the debate I agree .. but the debate is not resolved.
The TRACE logging level exists at thousands of places and they are user
focused and localized.  They are already in use by the existing
customers/users.
If anyone believes that tracing helps (I do not, I believe they simply
hamper code readability) for diagnosis and non-localized messages will
promote that practice -- define a DEBUG log level and use it.
I fail to see what is the counter rationale to such straightforward
solution.

-----
Pinaki