openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Web developer <webautomat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests are ignored
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 16:54:43 GMT
2010/5/24 Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org>

> I always use "mvn clean install" which will build and run all of the
> tests by default.
>
> Which JVM and Maven version are you using?  Any recent version of Sun
> 1.6.0 and Maven 2.0.9+ or 2.2.1 should work.
>
> $ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_15
$ mvn -version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-1)
Java version: 1.6.0_15
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.15/jre
Default locale: ru_UA, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.31-19-server" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

> Do you have any overrides in your .m2/settings.xml which may be
> disabling tests?
>
> My /etc/maven2/settings.xml(no settings.xml in ~/.m2):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
distributed with this work for additional information
regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
"License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software distributed under the License is distributed on an
"AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.
-->

<!--
 | This is the configuration file for Maven. It can be specified at two
levels:

 |  1. User Level. This settings.xml file provides configuration for a
single user,
 |                 and is normally provided in
${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml.

 |                 NOTE: This location can be overridden with the CLI
option:

 |                 -s /path/to/user/settings.xml
 |
 |  2. Global Level. This settings.xml file provides configuration for all
Maven
 |                 users on a machine (assuming they're all using the same
Maven
 |                 installation). It's normally provided in
 |                 ${maven.home}/conf/settings.xml.
 |
 |                 NOTE: This location can be overridden with the CLI
option:

 |                 -gs /path/to/global/settings.xml
 |
 | The sections in this sample file are intended to give you a running start
at
 | getting the most out of your Maven installation. Where appropriate, the
default
 | values (values used when the setting is not specified) are provided.

 |-->
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
          xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
  <!-- localRepository
   | The path to the local repository maven will use to store artifacts.
   |
   | Default: ~/.m2/repository
  <localRepository>/path/to/local/repo</localRepository>
  -->

  <!-- interactiveMode
   | This will determine whether maven prompts you when it needs input. If
set to false,
   | maven will use a sensible default value, perhaps based on some other
setting, for
   | the parameter in question.
   |
   | Default: true
  <interactiveMode>true</interactiveMode>
  -->

  <!-- offline
   | Determines whether maven should attempt to connect to the network when
executing a build.
   | This will have an effect on artifact downloads, artifact deployment,
and others.

   | Default: false
  <offline>false</offline>
  -->

  <!-- pluginGroups
   | This is a list of additional group identifiers that will be searched
when resolving plugins by their prefix, i.e.
   | when invoking a command line like "mvn prefix:goal". Maven will
automatically add the group identifiers
   | "org.apache.maven.plugins" and "org.codehaus.mojo" if these are not
already contained in the list.
   |-->
  <pluginGroups>
    <!-- pluginGroup
     | Specifies a further group identifier to use for plugin lookup.
    <pluginGroup>com.your.plugins</pluginGroup>
    -->
  </pluginGroups>

  <!-- proxies
   | This is a list of proxies which can be used on this machine to connect
to the network.
   | Unless otherwise specified (by system property or command-line switch),
the first proxy
   | specification in this list marked as active will be used.
   |-->
  <proxies>
    <!-- proxy
     | Specification for one proxy, to be used in connecting to the network.

    <proxy>
      <id>optional</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <username>proxyuser</username>
      <password>proxypass</password>
      <host>proxy.host.net</host>
      <port>80</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>local.net|some.host.com</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
    -->
  </proxies>

  <!-- servers
   | This is a list of authentication profiles, keyed by the server-id used
within the system.
   | Authentication profiles can be used whenever maven must make a
connection to a remote server.
   |-->
  <servers>
    <!-- server
     | Specifies the authentication information to use when connecting to a
particular server, identified by
     | a unique name within the system (referred to by the 'id' attribute
below).

     | NOTE: You should either specify username/password OR
privateKey/passphrase, since these pairings are
     |       used together.

    <server>
      <id>deploymentRepo</id>
      <username>repouser</username>
      <password>repopwd</password>
    </server>
    -->

    <!-- Another sample, using keys to authenticate.
    <server>
      <id>siteServer</id>
      <privateKey>/path/to/private/key</privateKey>
      <passphrase>optional; leave empty if not used.</passphrase>
    </server>
    -->
  </servers>

  <!-- mirrors
   | This is a list of mirrors to be used in downloading artifacts from
remote repositories.

   | It works like this: a POM may declare a repository to use in resolving
certain artifacts.
   | However, this repository may have problems with heavy traffic at times,
so people have mirrored
   | it to several places.
   |
   | That repository definition will have a unique id, so we can create a
mirror reference for that
   | repository, to be used as an alternate download site. The mirror site
will be the preferred
   | server for that repository.
   |-->
  <mirrors>
    <!-- mirror
     | Specifies a repository mirror site to use instead of a given
repository. The repository that
     | this mirror serves has an ID that matches the mirrorOf element of
this mirror. IDs are used
     | for inheritance and direct lookup purposes, and must be unique across
the set of mirrors.

    <mirror>
      <id>mirrorId</id>
      <mirrorOf>repositoryId</mirrorOf>
      <name>Human Readable Name for this Mirror.</name>
      <url>http://my.repository.com/repo/path</url>
    </mirror>
     -->
  </mirrors>

  <!-- profiles
   | This is a list of profiles which can be activated in a variety of ways,
and which can modify
   | the build process. Profiles provided in the settings.xml are intended
to provide local machine-
   | specific paths and repository locations which allow the build to work
in the local environment.

   | For example, if you have an integration testing plugin - like cactus -
that needs to know where
   | your Tomcat instance is installed, you can provide a variable here such
that the variable is
   | dereferenced during the build process to configure the cactus plugin.
   |
   | As noted above, profiles can be activated in a variety of ways. One way
- the activeProfiles
   | section of this document (settings.xml) - will be discussed later.
Another way essentially
   | relies on the detection of a system property, either matching a
particular value for the property,
   | or merely testing its existence. Profiles can also be activated by JDK
version prefix, where a
   | value of '1.4' might activate a profile when the build is executed on a
JDK version of '1.4.2_07'.
   | Finally, the list of active profiles can be specified directly from the
command line.

   | NOTE: For profiles defined in the settings.xml, you are restricted to
specifying only artifact
   |       repositories, plugin repositories, and free-form properties to be
used as configuration
   |       variables for plugins in the POM.

   |-->
  <profiles>
    <!-- profile
     | Specifies a set of introductions to the build process, to be
activated using one or more of the
     | mechanisms described above. For inheritance purposes, and to activate
profiles via <activatedProfiles/>
     | or the command line, profiles have to have an ID that is unique.
     |
     | An encouraged best practice for profile identification is to use a
consistent naming convention
     | for profiles, such as 'env-dev', 'env-test', 'env-production',
'user-jdcasey', 'user-brett', etc.
     | This will make it more intuitive to understand what the set of
introduced profiles is attempting
     | to accomplish, particularly when you only have a list of profile id's
for debug.

     | This profile example uses the JDK version to trigger activation, and
provides a JDK-specific repo.
    <profile>
      <id>jdk-1.4</id>

      <activation>
        <jdk>1.4</jdk>
      </activation>

      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>jdk14</id>
          <name>Repository for JDK 1.4 builds</name>
          <url>http://www.myhost.com/maven/jdk14</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <snapshotPolicy>always</snapshotPolicy>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
    -->

    <!--
     | Here is another profile, activated by the system property
'target-env' with a value of 'dev',
     | which provides a specific path to the Tomcat instance. To use this,
your plugin configuration
     | might hypothetically look like:

     | <plugin>
     |   <groupId>org.myco.myplugins</groupId>
     |   <artifactId>myplugin</artifactId>
     |
     |   <configuration>
     |     <tomcatLocation>${tomcatPath}</tomcatLocation>
     |   </configuration>
     | </plugin>
     |
     | NOTE: If you just wanted to inject this configuration whenever
someone set 'target-env' to
     |       anything, you could just leave off the <value/> inside the
activation-property.

    <profile>
      <id>env-dev</id>

      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>target-env</name>
          <value>dev</value>
        </property>
      </activation>

      <properties>
        <tomcatPath>/path/to/tomcat/instance</tomcatPath>
      </properties>
    </profile>
    -->
  </profiles>

  <!-- activeProfiles
   | List of profiles that are active for all builds.

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>alwaysActiveProfile</activeProfile>
    <activeProfile>anotherAlwaysActiveProfile</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
  -->
</settings>

"mvn clean install" command gave some new response:

[INFO] [javacc:jjtree-javacc {execution: jjtree-javacc-jpql}]
Java Compiler Compiler Version 4.0 (Tree Builder)
(type "jjtree" with no arguments for help)
Reading from file
/root/openjpa/openjpa-kernel/src/main/jjtree/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/jpql/JPQL.jjt
. . .
File
"/root/openjpa/openjpa-kernel/target/generated-sources/jjtree/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/jpql/Node.java"
does not exist.  Will create one.
Annotated grammar generated successfully in
/root/openjpa/openjpa-kernel/target/generated-sources/jjtree/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/jpql/JPQL.jj
Java Compiler Compiler Version 4.0 (Parser Generator)
(type "javacc" with no arguments for help)
Reading from file
/root/openjpa/openjpa-kernel/target/generated-sources/jjtree/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/jpql/JPQL.jj
. . .
Warning: Choice conflict in (...)* construct at line 935, column 17.
         Expansion nested within construct and expansion following construct
         have common prefixes, one of which is: "+"
         Consider using a lookahead of 2 or more for nested expansion.
Warning: Choice conflict in (...)* construct at line 944, column 17.
         Expansion nested within construct and expansion following construct
         have common prefixes, one of which is: "*"
         Consider using a lookahead of 2 or more for nested expansion.
File "TokenMgrError.java" does not exist.  Will create one.
Warning: ParseException.java: File is obsolete.  Please rename or delete
this file so that a new one can be generated for you.
File "Token.java" does not exist.  Will create one.
File "JavaCharStream.java" does not exist.  Will create one.
Parser generated with 0 errors and 3 warnings.

John