openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Schmidt <fakod...@googlemail.com>
Subject JPA and Scala
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 14:28:37 GMT
Hi all,
I am working on a JPA wrapper for Scala and I think that I have found
an elegant way to use some ideas of JPA.
I managed to wrap EntityManager, EntitiyManagerFactory and Query.

Unfortunately, there is no simple and elegant way to use Scala's
collections. Using Scala classes as entities works fine, as long they
are using java.lang.List (and the other collections that are
specified).

My question is: What would it mean (in terms of effort and knowledge)
to allow a Scala collection (f.e. a Buffer) as a OneToMany entity
attribute?

Regards Christopher

PS:

Buffer is Scala's mutable "List" implementation (see
http://www.scala-lang.org/archives/downloads/distrib/files/nightly/docs/library/scala/collection/mutable/Buffer.html)

If you are interested look at http://blog.fakod.eu/?p=855
(description) and http://github.com/FaKod/JPA-for-Scala (code)