openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Miłosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: openjpa-examples compilation error
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 13:44:28 GMT
Hi!

I have upgraded maven to version 2.2.1 and now the build executes fine.

I think I should update our "Building" wiki-page to say we require maven 2.2.1.

Regards,
Milosz

> Hi Mike & Donald,
>
> Thanks for your answers. I noticed that the examples are built correctly when I execute
"mvn install" from openjpa-examples directory. The compilation fails when I do "mvn clean"
and "mvn install" from the main directory.

> I will upgrade my maven and see what happens.
>
> Donald, I am using Eclipse but not the tasks you have mentioned. I am doing the build
from command line, so I assume these Eclipse-related tasks should not matter here. Am I missing
something?

> Cheers,
> Milosz
>

> > Since you're using Eclipse, are you using "mvn eclipse:clean" and "mvn
> > eclipse:eclipse" to update the Eclipse files?  Trunk is now
> > 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and we've upgraded to commons-lang-2.4 and
> > geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.1 levels of jars.....
> >

> > -Donald
> >

> > On 5/21/10 3:22 PM, Miłosz Tylenda wrote:
> > > Hello All!
> > >
> > > After some break I am trying to do a build from trunk. The ZIP packages are
created but the build fails while compiling examples. It looks like the compiler can't see
JPA packages:

> > > [INFO] Compiling 10 source files to /alt/eclipse322/workspace/open-jpa/openjpa-examples/target/classes
> > > [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> > > [ERROR] /alt/eclipse322/workspace/open-jpa/openjpa-examples/src/main/java/embeddables/User.java:[24,24]
package javax.persistence does not exist