openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA test suite error
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 13:26:24 GMT
The key is the following in the stack trace -

> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>
/home/webautomator/openjpa/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/test-classes/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/embed/VicePresident.class
> (Too many open files)

On Unix/Linux, you may need to increase the default number of file
handles available. When you run "ulimit -n" anything less than 8192 will
cause failures during enhancing the junits.


-Donald


On 5/8/10 1:39 PM, Ян Программист wrote:
> A new problem arrived;
> 
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
> at
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor22.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
> at
> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
> at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(AbstractAntMojo.java:118)
> at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java:98)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
> at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/webautomator/openjpa/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/test-classes/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/embed/VicePresident.class
> (Too many open files)
> at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
> at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.J2DoPrivHelper$29.run(J2DoPrivHelper.java:688)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.J2DoPrivHelper$29.run(J2DoPrivHelper.java:686)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.ClassArgParser.getFromClassFile(ClassArgParser.java:306)
> at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.meta.ClassArgParser.parseTypeNames(ClassArgParser.java:217)
> ... 58 more
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while
> executing this line:
> /home/webautomator/openjpa/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/src/main/ant/enhancer.xml:51:
> The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /home/webautomator/openjpa/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/src/main/ant/enhancer.xml:84:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/openjpa/util/ImplHelper
> 
> org.apache.openjpa.util.ImplHelper
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 8 minutes 34 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Sat May 08 20:30:15 EEST 2010
> [INFO] Final Memory: 115M/482M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 2010/5/7 Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>
> 
>> The wiki has been updated, but it might take a little while for it to rsync
>> with the site. Should be done in about an hour.
>>
>> -mike
>>
>> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> You need to set -DfailIfNoTests=false on the command line. Otherwise
>> maven
>>> will compile the first module (openjpa-lib), notice that there are no
>> tests
>>> and stop executing.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the documentation was written with an older version of
>> Maven
>>> which didn't require -DfailIfNoTests (I think that was new sometime
>> around
>>> maven 2.0.8).
>>>
>>> I'll update the doc. Thanks for letting us know,
>>> -mike
>>>
>>> 2010/5/7 Ян Программист <webautomator@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>  $ mvn test -Dtest=TestPersistence -Dopenjpa.loglevel=TRACE
>>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>>> [INFO] Reactor build order:
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Parent POM
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Utilities Library
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Kernel
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA JDBC
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Persistence
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Persistence JDBC
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Persistence Locking Tests
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA XML Store
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Slice
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Aggregate Jar
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Aggregate Jar with Dependencies
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Project Docs and Assemblies
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Examples
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Integration Tests
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Integration Tests - Daytrader
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Integration Tests - Examples
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Integration Tests - JPA TCK
>>>> [INFO]   OpenJPA Integration Tests - Bean Validation
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] Building OpenJPA Parent POM
>>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [test]
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
>>>> 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
>>>> [INFO] [checkstyle:checkstyle {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO] Source directory does not exist - skipping report.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
>>>> 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
>>>> [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
>>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] Building OpenJPA Utilities Library
>>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [test]
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO] [checkstyle:checkstyle {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO] Starting audit...
>>>> Audit done.
>>>>
>>>> [WARNING] Unable to locate Source XRef to link to - DISABLED
>>>> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>>>> [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
>>>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>>> [INFO] Copying 9 resources
>>>> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
>>>> [INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
>>>> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
>>>> [INFO] [antrun:run {execution: set subversion revision}]
>>>> [INFO] Executing tasks
>>>>     [echo] Revision: exported
>>>>     [echo] OpenJPA version: 2.0.0-beta3
>>>> [INFO] Executed tasks
>>>> [INFO] [resources:testResources {execution: default-testResources}]
>>>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>>>
>>>> [INFO] Copying 8 resources
>>>> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
>>>> [INFO] [compiler:testCompile {execution: default-testCompile}]
>>>> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
>>>> [INFO] [surefire:test {execution: default-test}]
>>>> [INFO] Surefire report directory:
>>>>
>>>>
>> /home/webautomator/apache-openjpa-2.0.0-beta3-source/openjpa-lib/target/surefire-reports
>>>>
>>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>>>  T E S T S
>>>> -------------------------------------------------------
>>>> There are no tests to run.
>>>>
>>>> Results :
>>>>
>>>> Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>>>>
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] No tests were executed!  (Set -DfailIfNoTests=false to ignore
>> this
>>>> error.)
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> [INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
>>>> [INFO] Finished at: Fri May 07 20:41:05 EEST 2010
>>>> [INFO] Final Memory: 50M/120M
>>>> [INFO]
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> John
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
> 

Mime
View raw message