openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Miłosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: openjpa-examples compilation error
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 13:20:52 GMT
Hi Mike & Donald,

Thanks for your answers. I noticed that the examples are built correctly when I execute "mvn
install" from openjpa-examples directory. The compilation fails when I do "mvn clean" and
"mvn install" from the main directory.

I will upgrade my maven and see what happens.

Donald, I am using Eclipse but not the tasks you have mentioned. I am doing the build from
command line, so I assume these Eclipse-related tasks should not matter here. Am I missing
something?

Cheers,
Milosz

> Since you're using Eclipse, are you using "mvn eclipse:clean" and "mvn
> eclipse:eclipse" to update the Eclipse files?  Trunk is now
> 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT and we've upgraded to commons-lang-2.4 and
> geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.1 levels of jars.....
>

> -Donald
>

> On 5/21/10 3:22 PM, Miłosz Tylenda wrote:
> > Hello All!
> >
> > After some break I am trying to do a build from trunk. The ZIP packages are created
but the build fails while compiling examples. It looks like the compiler can't see JPA packages:

> > [INFO] Compiling 10 source files to /alt/eclipse322/workspace/open-jpa/openjpa-examples/target/classes
> > [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> > [ERROR] /alt/eclipse322/workspace/open-jpa/openjpa-examples/src/main/java/embeddables/User.java:[24,24]
package javax.persistence does not exist