openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] localized trace messages
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 16:56:08 GMT
> TRACE messages are *not* for the developer -- they are for the user...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I disagree with that statement
100%. Trace is there to aid a developer in fixing a problem after the fact.
In an environment where it takes a user 20 hours to hit a problem, a
developer needs some information to debug the problem. Not all problems can
be debugged using a debugger.

Another problem with localized trace messages is that they are localized....
:-) This is a problem when a Japanese user hits a problem and they want a
non-Japanese speaking/reading developer (one of us) to diagnose the problem.

--
Thanks,
Rick