openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] OpenJPA 2.0.0 release candidate
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:14:48 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the encouragement.  The TCK issue was only one reason.  We also
had found an issue while doing stress testing, so we decided to re-spin for
both reasons.

But, specific to the TCK issue...  Donald had requested the TCK
certification for our Beta3 driver, not the final 2.0.0 release.  So, even
though Oracle has allowed us to pass the certification "as is" for the Beta3
driver, we figured that was not sufficient for us to claim certification for
the GA driver.  Thus, we thought we would have to formally challenge the
tests through the Apache channels that we had discovered via our IBM
channels -- in order to get an updated test bucket with the proper test case
updates and exclusions.  If we are incorrect on any of the process, please
educate us.

Our goal at this time is to be able to release our 2.0.0 release for OpenJPA
and claim TCK compliance in our Release Notes.  If you can help us
understand the most expedient path to that goal (from a TCK perspective),
that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin