openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] localized trace messages
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:34:38 GMT
I have to agree with Mike and Rick, that TRACE messages are for us (the
project developers) and not the end users.  That is the philosophy of
all the other Apache projects I'm involved with (Geronimo and Bean
Validation) and other projects we use in Geronimo (like Derby, OpenEJB,
ActiveMQ and Axis2....)

If we start providing translated trace messages, then we'll -
1) bloat the size of our jars
2) probably never have fully translated trace messages, as these change
more often than Log messages
3) will complicate the diagnosis of reported problems, as we'll have to
spend more of our time converting from the submitted locale to our own

I'd have to vote -1 to providing translated TRACE messages.

-Donald