openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Logging settings
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 20:24:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to do a few simple things with logging, and having trouble.

1. Disable WARN messages from the enhancer.

2. Get SQL TRACE messages.

I've tried unsuccessfully to get either of these to work. I'm using
the standard OpenJPA logging, and get a few hundred messages out of
the enhancer, so I know logging is basically working.

Reading everything I can about the logging system, I tried to get the
enhancer to stop logging WARN but only log ERROR:

-Dopenjpa.Log=none

I still get WARN messages; don't get any errors from the logging
system; it looks like the enhancer is just ignoring this setting

-Dopenjpa.Log=SQL=TRACE,File=openjpaLogger.log

I get output sent to openjpaLogger.log file as expected, but nothing
of interest. Just:

11  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Runtime - Default configuration information
couldn't be loaded from any configuration provider.0  TRACE  [main]
openjpa.Runtime - Default configuration information couldn't be loaded
from any configuration provider.
17  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - The configuration property named
"openjpa.LogLevel" was not recognized and will be ignored, although
the name closely matches a valid property called "openjpa.Log".
17  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Runtime - Default configuration information
couldn't be loaded from any configuration provider.
2  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - The configuration property named
"openjpa.LogLevel" was not recognized and will be ignored, although
the name closely matches a valid property called "openjpa.Log".
2  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Runtime - Default configuration information
couldn't be loaded from any configuration provider.
10  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Runtime - Default configuration information
couldn't be loaded from any configuration provider.

And where did it get the LogLevel? I didn't set this property!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is the -Dopenjpa.Log
useful for anything or do I have to use persistence.xml properties (I
haven't tried this since there are hundreds of persistence.xml files
that I would need to fiddle).

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell