openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Upcoming OpenJPA 2.0.0 release plans
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:41:13 GMT
I've got a few last minute JIRAs that I'm working on (1097, 1524, 1550,
1571, ...) as several others like Jeremy, Pinaki, Rick, .... do.

So in reality, it looks like the target for creating the 2.0 branch and
moving trunk to 2.1-SNAPSHOT will be end-of-day Monday, March 22.  But
please, don't see this as an open invitation to flood 2.0 with a lot of
last minute code patches (docs and junit updates are more than welcome),
as we still need to keep trunk stable and ready for a release.  If there
are any questions about a patch, please discuss on this thread before

Also, I'm toying with the idea of creating a 2.0.0-beta3 once the branch
is cut, as there are still some maven-release-plugin issues I'd like to
work through again before we get to cutting our final 2.0.0 release and
we've had great feedback and testing on beta and beta2 with several new
bugs reported, so it'd be nice to have another round of real world
testing from users, too.

On 3/4/10 11:28 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
> As we're winding down the changes for the 2.0.0 release, I wanted to
> alert everyone to the proposed release dates.
> 3/19 - Cut 2.0 branch
> 4/12 - Start release candidate vote
> Once the branch is created, only changes approved by myself or Kevin
> will be accepted into the branch.  Trunk (probably renamed to 2.1) will
> still be open for any changes.
> Also, please use this email thread to discuss any critical patches that
> you would like to see considered for 2.0.0.
> Thanks,
> Donald

View raw message