openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@SUN.com>
Subject Re: Logging settings
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 06:21:05 GMT
Hi Kevin,

I did a little more experimentation. There are two persistence units
in the persistence.xml: xml-persistence-unit and test.

I can override the settings of the xml-persistence-unit on the command
line.

So the settings for File, DefaultLevel, Tool, Enhance, MetaData are
all getting set properly for enhancement.

But the log settings I put into the persistence unit test are not
taking effect properly. To verify that I'm using the right persistence
unit, I deliberately caused an error and the error was reported.

But even with setting openjpa.Log in the persistence unit, I still get
console logging:

Running org.apache.openjpa.persistence.identity.TestSQLBigIntegerId
TestSQLBigIntegerId 1268089380000
543  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA 1.3.0-
SNAPSHOT
5763  test  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary" (MySQL 5.1.41-ndb-7.1.2-
beta-debug ,MySQL-AB JDBC Driver mysql-connector-java-5.1.12
( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} )).
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.698
sec

I modified a test case to put the logging information into the setup
string and this changed the behavior of the logger.

     public void setUp() {
         setUp(SQLBigIntegerIdEntity.class
                 , "openjpa.Log",
"File=openjpaLogger.log,DefaultLevel=INFO,SQL=TRACE,JDBC=TRACE"
                 );
     }

Any ideas why adding properties to the command line or persistence.xml
doesn't take effect for tests, but adding the properties to setup does
work?

Thanks,

Craig