openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJPA trunk (2.0.0-SNAPSHOT) now requires Java SE 6
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:40:47 GMT
We've backtracked some on OPENJPA-1520 and no longer require Java SE 6
or later to use OpenJPA, but instead only require using Java SE 6 to
build the artifacts which are still targeted to a 1.5 source/runtime
level (even though some of the annotation support requires Java SE 6.)

The junits can be built and run using Java SE 5, by using the new
-Ptest-java5 profile which we are using during the nightly builds to
verify that the Java SE 6 built artifacts still pass all junits when
using Derby and either the Sun or IBM 1.5 JVMs.

The above changes will be in the openjpa-2.0.0-beta2, which will go up
for a release vote later today.

-Donald