openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: While connecting MySql Server i am getting the Error For input string: "JDBC"
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:32:27 GMT
Looks like your ConnectionURL is invalid for MSSQL in how you have
provided the DBName.  It should be something like -
    jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.100:1433;DataBaseName=OPENJPA

Also, make sure your SQL Server is using the default port of 1433 (or
supply the correct port) and that if Windows Firewall is enabled, that
you have gone in and manually opened the MSSQL port for TCP traffic.

-Donald

On 2/9/10 11:35 PM, SreeAsh wrote:

> Thanks for reply,
>
>  I am using the Microsoft Sql Server; please see the driverName in Persistence.xml file
> <persistence-unit name="TestSql" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
>     <provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</provider>
>
>     <properties>
>       <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="appl_id2"/>
>       <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="appl_id2"/>
>       <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL" value="jdbc:sqlserver://host:port/CustomerDB"/>
>       <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
>       <property name="openjpa.jdbc.Schema" value="dbo"/>
>        </properties>
>   </persistence-unit>
>
> Regards
> Srini

"JDBC", click here< (link removed) =>.

> Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its associated companies
and/ or its customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that
this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use
or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases,
please notify us immediately at mailmaster@fs.mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.