openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Time for an OpenJPA 2.0.0 release?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 03:57:54 GMT
We're in pretty good shape for a 2.0.0 release.
Trunk is passing the JPA 2.0 TCK.
We have the broadest/best junit results over Derby, DB2, Oracle, MySQL
and MS SQL as we have for any release.

Now, we could either release a Milestone 4 release and continue to work
on docs, samples, performance and the backlog issues or we could go
ahead and plan on cutting a 2.0.0 branch later this week with plans to
continue improving the 2.0 codebase in maintenance releases at least
every quarter.

If you have any critical issues that you feel need to be resolved before
we release 2.0.0, please update the JIRA Fix Version to 2.0.0 and set
the Priority, along with replying to this discussion thread with the
details of the issues you would like considered.  After a couple days of
discussions, we'll revisit the open issues and decide on which route to
take.

Thanks,
Donald