openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inner Class Entities
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:48:07 GMT
Good question, Tim.

The JPA spec indicates that an Entity needs to be a top-level class (section
2.1 of JPA 2.0 spec).  But, I noticed in our OpenJPA documentation that we
have overridden the ability to define an Entity as final class with final
methods.  Section 1 [1] of the documentation indicates that OpenJPA doesn't
add any restrictions to the Entity definition.  So, although it's not
stated, it looks like we are attempting to support inner classes due to your
testcase findings.  But, without proper documentation, I wouldn't count on
it...

If you want to test this out and write up the documentation, I'm sure the
project would enjoy the help...  :-)

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]