openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding varaible content in Confluence from OpenJPA Builds
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:26:17 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

The upload.xml and the wiki updater are separate entities.

Upload.xml runs more or less nightly - I have build profile on our
continuous integration server that runs at 2:00 AM if there have been
changes. It lays down the documentation, and pre-compiled binaries into a
'staging directory' on people.apache.org. Naturally others are free to run
it at any time and deploy to other locations if they choose.

The wiki / homepage gets updated by confluence. After an update to the wiki
confluence exports the site to our page on people.apache.org. The page is
then 'skinned' by a cron job / script of some sort that Donald owns which
adds the logo and some other customizations.

Doing what you want is a bit involved. The place to do it is in the cron job
/ script that gets executed after confluence updates the site. That script
will have to unzip the openjpa binaries and run OpenJPAVersion (or just read
the properties file) and do the substitution for you.

There may be some tweaking we can do to make the confluence export do the
work for us, but that's beyond my knowledge. Also I only have a passing
familiarity with the cron job / script that adds the logo to the site, so I
my understanding might be out of date (this is how it worked when Marc set
it up). Donald is the expert and can correct me if I'm wrong :-)

It's all doable, but might require some coordination to make this part of
the 'main' cron job that inserts the logo.

Regards,

-mike