openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Snaps <alex.sn...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenJPA DataCache.writeLock()
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:35:51 GMT
Hi all,
I'm currently working on fixing an issue with the EhCache OpenJPA
cache provider.
Doing so I ran across the DataCache.writeLock() and writeUnlock()
methods, which puzzled me a bit. From the naming, I'd like to think
that owning the write lock, I'll be the only thread mutating the
cache, yet current implementations I've seen seem to prove me wrong
(in internal usages e.g.
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.evict(Object, OpCallbacks): void
or API usages, but the latter could be more of wrong usages as well).
Anyways, as I haven't found any docs, can someone enlighten me on the
usage of these methods or point me to some literature ?
Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Snaps <alex.snaps@gmail.com>