openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 for OpenJPA (2nd try)
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:53:06 GMT
+1

I've reviewed the NOTICE and LICENSE and they look good.

Not a blocker, but there are empty src/test and src/main/resources
directories in the geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5.

And a question: the LICENSEs include text related to W3C:

The XMLSchema.dtd included in this project was developed by the W3C
Consortium (http://www.w3c.org/).

But I couldn't find any files to which the LICENSE refers.

Craig

On Oct 1, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> OpenJPA would like to release a 2.0.0 Milestone 3 release next week
> based on the JPA 2.0 PFD2 spec level. To do this, they need released
> versions of the Geronimo JPA2 and Bean Validation spec APIs.
>
> This is the second vote for the geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2 and
> geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5 spec apis, which required
> NOTICE updates to conform to the new ASF/Sun agreement for releasing
> early access specs.  A new geronimo-staging-017 has been created
> with the updated artifacts.
>
> geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2
> source:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2
> svn revision:820677
> artifacts:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/geronimo-staging-017/
>
> geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5
> source:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.0-CR5
> svn revision:820678
> artifacts:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/geronimo-staging-017/
>
> Both of the above passed rat:check and the ianal plugin.  The jar
> and source artifacts include the License and Notice files.
>
> The branches will be moved to tags and the staging artifacts
> promoted to the release repo if the vote passes.
>

> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 (and reason why)