openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi Aware Persistence Provider implementation
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:21:19 GMT
Hi Milinda,
Yes, there is some interest in allowing OpenJPA usage in an OSGi container
environment.  It's just not a "full time job" for any of us at the moment...

Porting the JDK 6 changes back to the 1.3.x release might cause some concern
for those users of the 1.3.x branch.  Many of the changes would now require
the use of JDK 6 and we didn't want to force this onto the JPA 1.0 usage
community.  Thus, we limited the change to trunk for our JPA 2.0 development
[1].

Is there any reason why your experimentation and changes couldn't be
targeted for the JPA 2.0 implementation?  I think you will find our current
M3 driver is quite solid, especially as it pertains to existing JPA 1.0
functionality.  Thus, any current JPA 1.0 applications should run unchanged
with a JPA 2.0 driver.

Thanks,
Kevin

[1]