openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Milinda Pathirage <milinda.pathir...@gmail.com>
Subject OSGi Aware Persistence Provider implementation
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:30:33 GMT
We are currently using OpenJPA 1.1.0 in equinox OSGi container by making it
a fragment of the bundle which use it to fix the issue of loading
persistence.xml. Now we want to use OpenJPA in two different OSGi bundles
and fragment hack will not work in this situation. Current 1.3.x OpenJPA
implementation also doesn't support OSGi aware resource loading. We can fix
this by following the method use by Eclipselink. In this method what we have
to do is implement a OSGi aware Persistence Provider by extending the
current Persistence Provider implementation and introduce bundle activator
to register persistence provider service at bundle activation. This will not
break the existing functionality of OpenJPA in J2SE environment and improve
the support for OSGi containers.

Are there any plans to add OSGi support, if there any I would like to help.
I'll provide a patch ASAP for this.

Thanks
Milinda

--