openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: SingleFieldManager.preFlushPC
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:22:14 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org> wrote:

> What version of OpenJPA are you using (I didn't see it mentioned in the
> email thread)?
>
> Can you post more details of the entities being used, like the orm.xml,
> persistence.xml, relationships, build vs. runtime enhancement, which
> version/vendor of Java, ....

OpenJPA 1.2.1
Java 1.5.0_07 (Sun)
PostgreSQL 8.3.7
Linux 2.6 / Fedora Core 5
build time enhancement

I don't use orm.xml and metadata is annotations. Properties are
<property name="openjpa.LockManager" value="none" />
<property name="openjpa.DetachState" value="loaded(AccessUnloaded=false)" />

A simplified version of the object graph looks like this:

TimeTrackingEntry

   User addedBy

   User modifiedBy

   TimeCardSwipeEvent inTimeCardSwipeEvent

   TimeCardSwipeEvent outTimeCardSwipeEvent

   List<RoleTimeCredit> roleTimeCredits (CascadeType.ALL)

TimeCardSwipeEvent

   User user

   TimeTrackingEntry inTimeTrackingEntry

   TimeTrackingEntry outTimeTrackingEntry

RoleTimeCredit

   TimeTrackingEntry timeTrackingEntry

   User user

   User modifiedBy

   User addedBy

The first addedBy and inTimeCardSwipeEvent are the properties that failed.
It's possible I have the same relationship as that described by JIRA OPENJPA
714. As stated, the error happens rarely. I don't want to post my source
code here but I can send it to you directly if you think it will help.

--
Daryl Stultz