openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: privileged checks and serp
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:30:33 GMT
Hi Patrick,
The privileged checks are for Java2 Security requirements.  At some point in
the call stack hierarchy, the privilege check needs to be done to allow for
the usage of Java2 Security configuration.  Of course, most people would use
this configuration within an application server environment, but the checks
need to be done in the OpenJPA code.

You can run our whole bucket with Java2 Security turned on by using the
enable-security profile.

Albert was our resident expert on this topic and did the necessary changes.
I'll copy him on this reply just in case you have more in-depth questions...

Kevin