openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Upcoming 2.0 Milestone 3 release
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:14:37 GMT
Once Iteration 11 is done this week, we plan on publishing a Milestone 3
  release based on it next week.  In some email exchanges with Geir, it
looks like we have a new Apache/Sun agreement that will let us release
pre-final spec based artifacts to the normal release repos.  Given this,
what does everyone think about the artifact naming?  Should we use the
M3 designation for OpenJPA and the Geronimo JPA 2.0 spec?
     openjpa-2.0.0-M3
     geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-M3
Or would it be better to name the api based on the spec level it
implemented?
     geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-PFD2
Or just stay with the early access naming and drop the SNAPSHOT?
     geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0-EA8

Thoughts?  I'd like to start the spec api release over on the Geronimo
side no later than tomorrow, so we can hopefully have it published and
ready to consume in the OpenJPA M3 branch early next week.

-Donald