openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: New o-p-j TestCase methods
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:14:03 GMT
Hi Donald,

I like your idea of specifying (un)supportedDatabases, was also thinking about something like
this.

There is a small issue however. When you run TestMultipleSchemaNames with PostgreSQL, it fails
in setUp. This is because the setUnsupportedDatabases creates an EntityManager which in turn
tries to create tables for a schema not yet created. PostgreSQL requires a schema being created
up-front and this is what createSchemas method does.

I suggest we either:
1. Modify the set(Un)supportedDatabases methods to not create EntityManager. It is possible
to determine the instance of DBDictionary just from OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory(SPI). That
would also have some minor positive performance impact. An EntityManager would be needed if
we wanted DBDictionary properties be initialized from a connection (see TestXMLCustomerOrder
for example).

2. If for some reason the above is wrong, let's just try to move createSchemas call before
setUnsupportedDatabases call.

Regards,
Milosz