openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Broker.isDetachedNew()
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:26:55 GMT
Daryl,

I understand this as true means "treat as new". You can find descriptions of various entity
states in PCState subclasses. This is how describes itself the HollowState:

 * Represents a hollow instance that exists in the data store, but whose
 * state has not been loaded and who is not active in the current transaction
 * (if any). This may be the state of instances returned on ID lookups or by
 * traversing relations, and the state of persistent instances outside of
 * transactions (unless the retainValues flag is set in the Broker).

Hope this helps,
Milosz