openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: SingleFieldManager.preFlushPC
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:04:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> Both Entities that have never been associated with an EM and those which
> are
> not  currently associated with an EM are considered unmanaged.
>
> Put another way unmanaged == OpenJPA is not tracking the changes you make
> the entity. So new entities and detached entities are unmanaged.

So if a detached entity is also unmanaged, why is it working 99.99% of the
time (this exception has been thrown 3 times out of thousands of
transactions). I don't have any Cascade settings on the properties that are
failing and I'm always setting them to detached instances (the best that I
can tell).

(thoughts to be continued on your next reply.)

--
Daryl Stultz