openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: openjpa-integration test failures.
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:41:10 GMT
1) Which version of Maven are you using?  I've successfully used 2.0.10
and 2.2.0.

2) When you run your below maven steps, what directory are you in?  The
top level /trunk/ directory or just the openjpa-integration subdir?  You
need to build the whole source tree once with tests enabled, as the
openjpa-integration/validation and o-p-locking subdirs need the
o-p-j-tests.jar built when running the tests for o-p-j, which maven
doesn't always seem to pull from the snapshot repo when needed...

-Donald

Ravi P Palacherla wrote:
> [...]
>
> I ran the tests on a new machine.
>
> when I run "mvn test -Dtest=" it runs fine but when I run "mvn clean test
> -Dtest=" I see the same issue
> "java org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivations
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation"
>
> So the problem is with "mvn clean test" and not "mvn test"
> Can you also please run mvn clean and see if this is a problem.
>
> Donald,
> Regarding need to change the permSize. I don't have to change it in my new
> machine and in the old machine when I removed weblogic specific JVM from the
> picture then I am unable to run any java process with permsize 512m and heap
> size 1024m. So it is machine specific issue.
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi.
>

> DWoods wrote:
>> Only thing I can think of, is to try using a copy of the Sun 1.6.0 JDK
>> that isn't distributed with WebLogic....  The latest is 1.6.0_16.
>>

>> -Donald
>>

>> Ravi P Palacherla wrote:
>>> Hi Donald,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your input.
>>> I have 4GB ( effective 3.25GB) RAM.
>>> I do not know why I am unable to run a java process with perm512m and 1gb
>>> heap.
>>> (unless it is reaching  2GB process size limitation.)
>>>
>>> I am currently de-fragmenting, but I have a question though.
>>> Why does I need to have 512M contiguous heap ?
>>>
>>> Regarding if other process are taking up most of my RAM. Here is what I
>>> did
>>> :
>>>
>>> Mvn is failing at a java initialization and the java that is failing is :
>>> C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar
>>> C:\TEMP\surefirebooter38008.jar C:\TEMP\surefire38006tmp
>>> C:\TEMP\surefire38007tmp
>>>
>>> So I ran it outside mvn at command prompt and I got the same problem.
>>>
>>> C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar
>>> C:\TEMP\surefirebooter38008.jar C:\TEMP\surefire38006tmp
>>> C:\TEMP\surefire38007tmp
>>>
>>> Error occurred during initialization of VM
>>> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
>>> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>>>
>>> Immediately, in the same command window, ran java on a different class
>>> with
>>> same memory parameters and I can run it
>>>
>>> C:\>C:\bea\WLS103\JDK160~1\jre\bin\java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
>>> weblogic.Server
>>> <Aug 18, 2009 1:54:58 PM MDT> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000377>
>>> <Starting
>>> WebLogic Server with Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Version 10.0-b19 from Sun
>>> Microsystems Inc.>
>>>
>>> I am unable to understand what I am doing wrong here.
>>> I am going to try couple of options:
>>> 1) Try with same settings on another machine.
>>> 2) Try to increase process size on my current machine to 3GB and see if